As a writer and blogger with a journalism post-grad from the respected London College of Printing and a background in travel PR, my writing has been published in most of the national daily titles, as well as industry title Media Week, and has appeared on a variety of websites.
I know how to turn in professional and punchy copy both for print and online readerships.
I’ve also worked on consumer magazines, including launches and on high pressure titles like Associated Newspaper’s Metro in sales, marketing and senior management so I know that it’s not just the words you’re after. You need someone who understands the commercial side of publishing, someone you can deal with and trust implicitly, and someone you feel you can rely on to deliver work that’s immaculately presented, on time and free from errors and unchecked facts.
What I do:
- Write with a passion while remaining entertaining and informative
- Find interesting angles and off the beaten track places
- Present the facts and include plenty of research
- Help readers connect with a destination and want to replicate the trip
- Supply my own travel photography if required
What I won’t do:
- Stand for mistakes
- Be precious about edits
- Give up on an idea until I’ve made it work
- Resort to hyperbole and cliché
- Write generic pieces without a hook or angle
I am also the travel editor of East Kent Lifestyle magazine and I have worked for the following publications and media organisations:
Associated Newspapers: Metro
All About Soap
Good Life Magazine
The Good Hotel Guide
I have also been featured on the following websites:
I can provide images to accompany articles and I’m confident that I can capture the shots required to illustrate my features; I always get a great selection of shots for every destination I visit. If you’d like to see what catches my eye check out the photos on this blog, particularly the photo essays, or see my ShutterCal page.